The Master Guide Program is at the highest level of Adventist Youth Ministries. The Master Guides are leaders that serve the church in all areas of the Youth Ministry. Its curriculum is designed for youth and adults, ages16 and older. It prepares the participant for leadership roles with the Adventurer, Pathfinder, and Youth Ministries. The emphasis is on in-service training and active involvement in learning new skills and developing methods for successful leadership. The purpose of the Master Guide curriculum is to develop youth leadership in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The Master Guide (MG) Ministry is one of the leadership programs that the General Conference Youth Ministries Department uses to train people for youth leadership. A Master Guide provides assistance to the Adventurer, Pathfinders or Youth Ministries of the local church and/or conference in leadership training, discipleship and outreach endeavors.
The Master Guide Ministry is NOT an extension of the Pathfinder program, it is a Youth Ministry Leadership Program in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Master Guide is considered to be the highest level in Pathfindering. The Master Guide class is intended to prepare future club leaders. There are two levels of continuing education for Master Guides:
1. Pathfinder Leadership Award (PLA)
2. Advanced Pathfinder Leadership Award (APLA) or Pathfinder Instructor Award (PIA)
3. Adventurer Leadership Growth (ALG)
For information about ordering supplies and badges, click here.
Alberta General E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alberta South E-mail Address: email@example.com
Alberta Central E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alberta North E-mail Address: email@example.com
Following are some of the requirements:
1. Be at least 16 years of age
2. Be a baptized member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
3. Complete Basic Staff Training Course
4. Read the Book “Step to Christ”
5. Complete the devotional guide Encounter Series 1, “Christ the Way”
6. Keep a devotional journal for at least four weeks
7. Demonstrate your knowledge of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs
8. Complete Church Heritage Award
9. Read “The Pathfinder Story”
10. Read “Tell it to the World”
11. Read “Light Bearers to the Remnant”
12. Earn 12 honors not previously earned
13. Complete your knot board with 25 knots
14.Complete Christian Storytelling
15. Complete Camping Skills 1 & 2
16. Complete your CPR certification
17. Leadership Skills
18. Communication Skills
19. Creativity and Resource Development
20. Children and Youth Evangelism
21. Read the book “Education”
22. Read the book “Child Guidance” or “Message to Young People”
23. Read the book “Leadership is an Art”
24. Complete Fitness Lifestyle Development
Master Guides Convention 2018
CALLING ALL MASTER GUIDE IN THE ALBERTA CONFERENCE!!! Do you want to develop the courage to lead, mentor and train Adventurer, Pathfinder and Master Guide & Trainee leaders? Do you want to develop the skills for content development and to present successful seminars for Adventurer, Pathfinder and Master Guides & Trainee leaders? Do you want to be creative in leading a transformative outreach ministry in Adventurer, Pathfinder and Master Guide ministries? Then you do not want to miss the Premier Master Guide Convention 2018 – A train the trainer forum – that will seek to provide you with the resources to develop the Courage to Lead.
For move information visit www.freshalbertayouth.ca/events